We have the same problem.  All we do now is make up the solution and leave out
the Chloral Hydrate.  I haven't talked to the pathologist about it so I don't
know if it worked OK.

Margaret Perry HT(ASCP)
Dept of Veterinary and  Biomedical services
Box 2175
South Dakota State University
Brookings SD 57007
605-688-5638

I've just "googled" and "histosearched" for Klotz solution but cannot
find anything that doesn't require chloral hydrate.  Has anyone made a
Big Breakthrough in making Klotz that can be made without that pesky
controlled substance?  Any help will be appreciated...who knew the
recipe joined the Witness Protection Program!

Sally Breeden, HT(ASCP)