Hello everyone:

I have a research project that wants to collect and study breast tissue both
tumor and normal for long range studies (not clearly defined) that would
include DNA/RNA/mRNA/protein expression along with many other possibilities.  I
would like your expertise (particularly from the researchers) as to what
methods of preservation and storage you would recommend.  Currently we have
been snap freezing foil wrapped fresh tissue at -80 using a SnapFrost unit and
then storing at -130 and also doing the same with a small OCT embedding piece
of tissue as well.  I'm concerned about the ability to cut frozen sections on
the OCT specimen.   Particularly, I'd be interested in opinions regarding any
options for embedding and freezing fresh tissue that might enhance the ability
to cut frozen sections rather than having to resort to FFPE.  What are your
thoughts and experiences?  Thanks.

Joe
joseph-galbra...@uiowa.edu<mailto:joseph-galbra...@uiowa.edu>

Notice: This UI Health Care e-mail (including attachments) is covered by the
Electronic Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521, is confidential and
may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are
hereby notified that any retention, dissemination, distribution, or copying of
this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the sender that you
have received the message in error, then delete it.  Thank you.