Hi Matt,

I have worked a bit with this detection kit and my impression is that is
extremely sensitive and should be able to boost signal considerably.  I have
also been able to shave off an average of 30 minutes off several stains.
(Cyclin D1, which is one of our longer stains at 4 hours is down to 2.5)

You can further enhance the stain (or shorten the time) with the amp kit, but I
did not find it necessary.  I thought it was particularly good on nuclear
stains.  There is also a good deal of flexibility with the kit and you should
be able to get a great stain in less time.

Hope that was helpful.

Ashley Troutman BS, HT(ASCP) QIHC
Immunohistochemistry Supervisor
Vanderbilt University Histopathology
1301 Medical Center Drive TVC 4531
Nashville, TN  37232

Hello All,

Is anyone using Ventana's OptiView detection kit?  If so please let me know
what you impression is.

Thank you,

Matt Brooks, BS, HT (ASCP)

Histology Supervisor