Corrie Vernick writes:

>>I am currently a histology student at Keiser University. I am doing a project
>>for my routine staining class about Celestine Blue. I've been able to find
>>information on why it was created, the chemical make up, and some of it's
>>uses including the trichrome stain. I am having trouble finding images of
>>slides stained with Celestine Blue. Any additional information about the uses
>>would be helpful as well! Thank you, Corrinne Vernick, Keiser University FL
>>U.S.A.<<

I don't have access to my library this week, but you can get a good
bit information by Googling celestin blue B. This dye was often used
as a sort of backup or substitute for hematoxylin, particularly in the
old outmoded Pearse stain for pituitary cells. R.D. Lillie as I
remember didn't think much of the dye, and I don't think this dye is a
very good topic for a study such as the one you describe.

Bob Richmond
Samurai Pathologist
Knoxville TN