Histonet Listserv Members,

I am a recent graduate with a B.S. in Biology and a minor in Chemistry. I
have completed over 80 hours of laboratory training in histology by means
of a Biological Microtechniques course at my college.

During that time, I was familiarized with the basics of histochemistry,
specimen fixation, paraffin embedding, microtome use/serial sectioning,
complex staining, mounting, and digital image optimization. I have amassed
a modest portfolio of my work with several animal tissues as well as
foliose lichens.

I am looking for an opportunity to further develop my knowledge and
practice of histological techniques so that I may meet the eligibility
requirements for HT (ASCP) certification and begin a career in this
extraordinary field. As of now, I have no geographical preference. Is there
any way to develop experience (paid if possible) in a laboratory setting
for someone of my qualifications?

I am looking forward to the possibility of showcasing some of my work,
learning more about any possible opportunities, and developing a course of
action to get involved in a career in histology. Thank you for your
consideration, and all the hospitality and advice Histonet has provided
thus far.

Yours Sincerely,
Ryan M. Hickey