Dear All:
I am seeking advice from someone who has experience with fixing and paraffin
embedding rat muscle tissue. We want to dissect out muscles, fix them, embed in
paraffin and then do H&E and immunostaining. Our first attempts, which involved
immersion fixation in 4% paraformaldehyde, resulted in either very poor
fixation or the tissue got cooked in the tissue processor.  There were parts of
the muscle that were hardened and completely disrupted.  We suspect poor
fixation, perhaps due to incomplete penetration?  However, if possible, we
would like to avoid having to fix via perfusion. Are there any good tricks?
Please email me off the listserv.
Thanks,
Sarah Pixley
sarah.pix...@uc.edu