Hi Adam,

The photo was helpful. I've used them before in an embryology lab, for
dissecting out Drosophila imaginal discs. We had single-well and 3-well
versions. The 3 well version was slightly longer than the one you showed,
and the wells were smaller, but the general proportions were the same
(gently sloping sides, not steep slides like a spot plate). I did some
searching because I'd like to have a few for our lab too. The best I could
come up with is:

1 - Corning and Fisher Scientific used to carry 3-well versions but both
are now discontinued. Corning #7223. Fisher #21-379.

2 - Fisher also carried single well versions (referred to in a number of
Drosophila dissection protocols), but no product # mentioned.

3 - these are similar, but the depression is not sloped:
http://www.leaveonlybubbles.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=63

4 - Not sure if you are using glass or ceramic spot plates, but there are
glass spot plates with more gradually sloping sides that might fit your
needs:
http://lab-crunch.ecrater.com/p/11132699/corning-pyrex-9-well-spot-plate
http://www.mccronemicroscopes.com/store/catalog.asp?item=345&category_id=0

You might try sending your photo to Fisher/Corning etc customer service
and see what they come up with. Let me know if you find anything.

Good luck!

Andrea

Andrea Marion
Graduate Student