We've had one tech complaining of streaks when cutting, across the paraffin.
It's noticeable when cutting, although not clearly noticeable microscopically.
This tech has tried everything, tightening and re-tightening of microtome
parts, trying other people's chucks or blade holders, new blades, new lots of
blades...everything we can think of. It doesn't appear to be the microtome.
Last week, I noticed the same streaking occuring on my sections.  No one else
(we have 9 microtomes total) has complained of this issue.  Could this be a
paraffin problem?  The streaks look like when you might have a bit of paraffin
debris on your blade and cut a new section; however, this is occuring with
brand new blades, almost every block.  Any ideas?  Thank you.

Clare J. Thornton, HTL(ASCP)QIHC
Assistant Histology Supervisor
Dahl-Chase Diagnostic Services
417 State Street, Suite 540