From: histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Jennifer
Masuzumi
Sent: Friday, March 01, 2013 2:09 PM
To: Histonet
Subject: [Histonet] Ventana HPV High/Low Replacements?

Hello everyone,

My lab is interested in starting HPV High and Low Risk ISH testing, but it
seems like we just missed the boat on it. We have Benchmark XTs, but Ventana
discontinued their HPV probes sometime around last December, and they don't
have an alternative at this time. After talking with nearby labs that are
currently using stockpiles of Ventana probes, they told me the following
courses of action they were planning on using when their stock runs out:
-One lab is thinking of doing HPV by PCR -Another is thinking of switching to
Dako probes

After discussing the possibility of Dako probes with Ventana and Dako, neither
could recommend using them together because each side was unfamiliar with the
other's reagents or system, though both said it might be possible.

Is anybody in a similar situation, looking for a replacement for the Ventana
HPV High/Low Risk probes? Any insight on possibilities to pursue would be much
appreciated!

Sincerely,

Jennifer Masuzumi
Sterling Pathology
Seal Beach, CA
jennifer.masuz...@sterlingpath.com
562-799-8900

IMPORTANT WARNING: The information in this message (and the documents attached
to it, if any) is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended
solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is
unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or any action taken, or omitted to be taken, in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in error,
please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the documents attached
to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have created and notify me
immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.

Geisinger Health System utilizes an encryption process to safeguard Protected
Health Information and other confidential data contained in external e-mail
messages. If email is encrypted, the recipient will receive an e-mail
instructing them to sign on to the Geisinger Health System Secure E-mail
Message Center to retrieve the encrypted e-mail.