From: histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of Kimmie Rabe
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:28 PM
To: 'histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu'
Subject: [Histonet] ventana counterstaining

Has anyone else had problems with the counterstain on the ventana being pink
instead of that lovely pale blue color?  Ventana says it's because we use
Sta-On, but we don't always use Sta-On and the pink vs. blue staining doesn't
correlate with whether Sta-On has been used or not.  Don't get me wrong, I have
nothing against pink.  But if there is some problem with the hematoxylin we
purchase from ventana or the dispensing or mixing thereof--we would like to
know.

Thanks!

Kimmie E. Rabe, MD
North Central Pathology, PA