Hi Mike,

We have two of the VIP 3000's, they are true workhorses.  One of ours is
from 1969 and still processing without any issues.  Make sure that you do
have a company nearby that can work on them.  You can still find parts for
them, I tend to only get parts that are used though.  I don't know if
Sakura makes new parts.

Good luck!

Patrick

On Wed, Jun 19, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Rene J Buesa <rjbu...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> According with the model and brand the price is very good.
> Why don't you contact Sakura to find about parts for it in existence or
> even a maintenance contract with them?
> Sakura VIP are top of the line in tissue processing.
> René J.

Patrick Laurie HT(ASCP)QIHC
CellNetix Pathology & Laboratories
1124 Columbia Street, Suite 200