I feel the same way. I've been an Histo tech, AP manager, now a PA for the last
13 years and I can't get these people to understand.  However I'm in a hospital
system (4 hospitals) a lab director ( no pathology background) that is
assigning works units to blocks as bill able units. We have 2 PA's, 7 Histo
techs, 8 pathologist, 2 cyto techs. The director ( a pathologist) is trying to
implement 200 blocks per PA. The problem is that 80% of our cases are complex,
we average 2 whipples every other day, a truck load of mastectomies etc.,

Sent from my iPhone