From: histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
[mailto:histonet-boun...@lists.utsouthwestern.edu] On Behalf Of
robin.r...@hcahealthcare.com
Sent: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:40 AM
To: histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] breast tissue and radioactive seeds

Hi Everyone,
After 5 years of being in the private sector I am now back in the wonderful
environment of a hospital setting as the Histology supervisor.  We are going to
be starting a new procedure here called "Conversion to Radioactive Seed
Localized Breast Surgery" and I have been asked to come to this meeting.  As I
have been strictly in Dermatology for the past few years I am not familiar with
this process.  I have dealt with the prostate radioactive seeds before but not
sure if this will involve the Histology lab in the form of surgical tissue or
not.  I would like to be as informed as possible before the meeting which is
next week, so I came to the source I value the most.  Can anyone share any
information with me?

Thanks so much,
Kaye