Good morning everyone.

I was wondering if I could get some feedback about whether anyone uses sterile
slides for FNAs, if you do them. While most of the radiologists transfer the
core from the end of the needle onto the slide by using a scalpel to assist, we
have one radiologist who prefers to place the core directly onto the slide by
using the needle. This is fine, unless he needs to go back in and make another
pass. If the needle has touched a slide which is not sterile, then the needle
would have to be changed to prevent contamination of the site. Does anyone use
sterile slides, and are these available in a small quantity so that there is no
waste?
Vendors are welcome to reply to me directly, unless others would like the
information as well.

Toni