Hi Everyone,

I am still having issues with my IHCs with Acetone fixation.

If I fix in 100% Acetone, I get IHC staining, but my tissues are 50-90%
destroyed.

If I fix in 4% paraformaldehyde, or 10% NBF or (95%  Etoh and/or Methanol with
Acetone) I lose the epitopes I either get no staining or very  weak staining,
but the tissue morphology look fine.

I just tried an acetone gradient where I cut the tissues at 5 uM and dried them
overnight, then fixed for 10 minutes in 100% acetone, then fixed in 95% acetone
for 1 minute, then fixed in 70% acetone for 30 seconds, then quick rinsed in
H20, then washed as normal in DPBS pH 7.4.

I did 4 slides, 2 slides with one company's Charged slides ,and 2 slides with
another company's charged slides.

One company's slides look completely destroyed, the others may turn out, it was
hard to tell how much damage there was.  I'll know tomorrow when I finish
staining and Hemotoxylin them.

Patrick Lewis
Research Associate II Bench
Seattle Childrens Research Institute
206-884-1115

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for
privileged information protected by law. Any unauthorized review, use,
recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of
the original message.