Merissa,

     Water                      77-80   solvent
 Formic acid                 21-23      active ingredient
    Fluorad                       >1            surfactant  - a wetting agent
to make the solution wet the bone more easily
 Sodium citrate               >1        emulsifier , buffer
Polyvinyl pyrrolidone      >1   emulsifier

They say less than one percent of the last three, but you really have no idea
whether that is 1%, .1% or .01%. It could be any of those.

But all those surfactants and emulsifiers are meant to keep the solution viable
for long periods on the shelf. When you make it fresh you don't really need
them.

You can either buy a different decalcifier, or make your own. Making your own
with just the water and acid will work just fine.

Tim Morken
Pathology Site Manager, Parnassus
Supervisor, Electron Microscopy/Neuromuscular Special Studies
Department of Pathology
UC San Francisco Medical Center