Hi Histonetters,

In an attempt to be forward thinking and budget for what we need, I am
looking for information on the average lifespan (or how often it should be
replaced) of individual pieces of histology equipment such as processors,
microtomes , stainers,  embedding centers and the like.  Has anyone compiled
info  that they would be willing to share? I realize that vendors have
specific info for their instruments but,  I am looking for  generalized
information. By the way,  I am still using VIP K tissue processor that is
more than 30 years old!!!

Thanks in advance,

Karla Carlmas

Dermatopathology Northwest