Hello,
                We have 2 Microm HM355S motorized microtomes. We use the motor
to move the block close to the blade, but turn the wheel manually when
sectioning. Both are "jumping" forward on their own occasionally while
sectioning, which is unsettling and chunks into the block. One of them also
backs up on its own as you're manually turning the handle, just as you're about
to get a ribbon.
                The stepper motor has been replaced on one with no improvement.
Any suggestions, remedies, or tales of similar issues and how they were
resolved would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Sandy

Sandra J. Cheasty, HT (ASCP)
Histology & Necropsy Supervisor
UW-Madison, School of Veterinary Medicine