We are currently reviewing job descriptions...so, what tasks do you require of
your histotechs?  Besides the basic embedding, cutting, and staining (routine
and special IHC), instrument maintenance...what else are they expected to
do-what do you consider to be appropriate tasks for entry level techs and for
seasoned techs? Do they do any grossing-and to what extent? Do they assist with
autopsies-to what extent? If anyone wants to share their descriptions, please
email me directly at
kathleen.cal...@roswellpark.org<mailto:kathleen.cal...@roswellpark.org>

I am mostly interested in what NYS labs are doing but would like to hear from
everyone.  Thanks!

Kate Caleri BS HT(ASCP)
Histology Lab Supervisor
Roswell Park Cancer Institute

This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or
agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended
recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,
distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited.  If you have received
this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and
delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.