Although we've used several brands with good success, our most consistent
performer has been the Sakura Tissue Tek Glas Mounting Media #6419. When
coverslipping, either automated or manual, the secret to avoiding air bubble
during storage is to insure that the correct amount of media is dispensed onto
the slide.  If the amount is insufficient, the slide will still coverslip to be
read, but as time passes and the xylene dries out, there will be air left under
the coverglass which will allow the stain to degrade. When coverslipping by
hand, we go by the rule of 3 drops of media from a plastic disposable pipette
for a 24x50 No.1 coverglass.  When techs "guesstimate" is when problems occur.
Best of luck, I hope this helps

Terri L. Braud, HT(ASCP)
Anatomic Pathology Supervisor
Laboratory