Message: 2
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2018 14:54:19 -0500
From: "Frazier, John" <john.fraz...@roche.com>
To: Charles Riley <cri...@dpspa.com>
I?m a vendor that sells an H&M staining product, so I?m not going to attempt to
give you what the average cost per of a H&E stained slide.
What I will tell you is that when looking at cost per slide you need to
calculate more than your consumables. Those are going to be your capital cost.
You also need to calculate in your labor cost. Those are gonna be your
operational dollars.
The reason why I say that is that some strainers are more efficient than other
stainer. Not just in the staining process itself but in the overall
maintenance, reagent management and waste control cost.
Remember when using labor dollars you want to calculate that using fully
burdens dollars.
Be complete in the way that you calculate your overall cost per slide

John Frazier, MBA, MT(ASCP)
Strategic Workflow Consulting
Roche Diagnostics