For those of you who use Cell Marques HSV II polyclonal rabbit antibody
(382A-18-ASR) were you aware that they sent out information last year stating
that their antibody source  was discontinued and that they would be using a
different antibody source (I guess the rabbit died - sorry, I just had to say
that)?  I wasn't aware of this until I spent many, many days troubleshooting as
to why my positive control wasn't working.  After contacting Cell Marque
Technical support I discovered that my product was replaced with 382A-78-ASR
(they didn't give me any indication that they were sending a different
catalogue number).  Anyways, now I have to re-optimize and re-validate and I'm
experiencing difficulty.  Since it is an ASR I am unable to receive any help in
doing this so I'm reaching out to my fellow histonetters.  Have any of you
experienced a drastic change in your protocols when using the new polyclonal
antibody?

    Beth Ann O'Neil
    one...@wvumedicine.org<mailto:one...@wvumedicine.org>

message.