Help!

I became HT certified in 2004 under the HS degree and lab experience
qualification.  I do have a Bachelor’s Degree in Education,, with only 12 hours
of science.  I am looking to relocate to Texas and therefore am job hunting.
The problem I’m running into is that without an Associates Degree or Bachelors
in a Science related field, I am not being considered for job opportunities
even though I have 17 years of experience (and am a good histo tech and good
employee with great references).
Is anyone else running into this problem? Does the Histonet world recommend I
along?
Thanks!