Under separate cover I am sending you 3 papers of mine that answer your
question.René
    On Wednesday, August 28, 2019, 08:45:31 AM EDT, Ingles Claire via Histonet
<histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu> wrote:

 Chris:
Propar from Anatech works great for us. I believe it is still advisable to use
xylene in the cleaning cycle on the processors though. We had to go back the
other way a bit when our Doc wanted a tape coverslipper. Now he gripes about
the xylene smell. Hmmm.
Claire

________________________________
From: Hagon, Christopher (Health) via Histonet
<histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2019 10:53 PM
To: histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu <histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Xylene substitutes for clearing agents

WARNING: This email appears to have originated outside of the UW Health email
system.
DO NOT CLICK on links or attachments unless you recognize the sender and know
the content is safe.

UNOFFICIAL

Hello histonetters!

I realise that this has been asked a lot, but cannot find a good link for the
comparisons of each. I am charged with looking into converting our lab to go
xylene free. We don't want to go down the limonene path, so that leaves the
isopropyl alcohol method, or the aliphatic hydrocarbon xylene substitution
(Leica Sub-X etc).

Looking for opinions from each camp if possible, on how easy or hard it was to
change procedures. Was there much trial and error in changing the processing
protocols with the aliphatics? Any pitfalls I should look out for?

Any input greatly appreciated.

Chris Hagon | Senior Scientist, Anatomical Pathology
ACT Pathology | health.act.gov.au<https://health.act.gov.au/>