Hello, Would you please post the following message from me to the list members
on the histonet?: Hello all,

I'm wondering if any health systems have a quality program that includes
aperson(s) who audit final gross and final pathology reports? This is
differentfrom auditing to ensure LIS information is crossing over
correctly.This would be to ensure no errors were made by grossing staff
andpathologists.

If so, how is this auditing performed? Do pathologists self-audit? Is there
atranscriptionist(s) who perform the auditing and what percentage of cases
(boththe gross and final) are audited?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thanks!Brandon WardHistology Education CoordinatorACL LaboratoriesWest Allis,
WI