If you have access to spare fresh tissue (ie placenta) you can infuse the
tissue with fungus (blue cheese if you wish) and cultivate overnight before
FFPE, I have found these make excellent control blocks and the tissue makes for
good structural support, plus the tissue architecture might make the blue
cheese more palatable to pathologists. Your idea is certainly not crackers.

John

www.ciqc.ca