Hi Charles

A method my EM scientist used many years ago was quite simplistic and he
thought it worked well.
You simply centrifuge the specimen,  add a set volume of deionised water, mix
to lose the red cells, then add an equal volume of double strength normal
saline to create a suspension in normal saline.
The centrifuge where the heavier uncleared cells go to the bottom of the tube.
I have to say the I have never tried this personally but if the morphology was
retained for EM it must be fine for LM.
Having said that I have great respect for Tony Henwood and his method looks
much more scientific.

Regards
Tony

Sent from my iPhone