Hello,

Our lab has been using this down time to validate a few antibodies. So far we
have validated Ki67, AE 1/3, CK20, and CDX-2. I am in the process of validating
the P53 (DO-7) antibody, but am having trouble producing positive expression. I
am using the same colon adenocarcinoma tissue I used to validate all of the
antibodies that I previously mentioned. We are using the Ventana Benchmark XT
along with the OptiView DAB. The package insert says to use colon
adenocarcinoma for a control tissue, and the iView DAB. In the past, I have
worked at a facility that ran it using the UltraView DAB so I don't think using
the OptiView DAB is the issue. My Roche representative said he has heard of
customers having to use a different control for the P53. Do you have any
suggestions for controls or tweaking the protocol for this antibody given the
parameters we are using?  Any advice would be appreciated.

​Jacque R. Sagasser, HT (ASCP)cm
Gandhi GI Pathology, LLC
Kettering OH