From: Yahoo via Histonet <histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Sent: 15 May 2020 15:42
To: histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu <histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu>
Subject: [Histonet] Brain and spinal cord

Hi All!
I’m looking for some suggestions please on fixation for brain tissue and spinal
cord submissions from necropsies. We are currently using 10% NBF and ask our
pathologists to leave the samples overnight (but that doesn’t always happen!!).
Does anyone use alcohol-based fixatives? And if so, how long? Does it affect
IHC or any other staining? Do you still process with other routine biopsies (14
hour program)?
Thanks!