Thank you for the insights into recycling. Our surveys are based on labs
achieving a quality of staining and processing that ensures accurate clinical
interpretation and labs are generally doing an excellent job regardless of the
reagents used which is a tribute to their QC.
It would be great to see more standardization in histotechnology with the
increased reliance on anatomic pathology to guide therapy, but I suspect that
is a pipe dream.
Here is an article that may be of interest

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00428-020-02960-z

John