Are these FFPE tissue? We usually just do the program in reverse order by
deparaffinizing, 100% alc., 95% alc., 70% alc., water, formalin.

Jose

-----Original Message-----
From: Curt Tague <c.ta...@pathologyarts.com>
Sent: Tuesday, October 12, 2021 11:15 AM
To: histonet@lists.utsouthwestern.edu
Subject: [Histonet] reprocessing tissue

I have a problem... some tissue got processed very poorly, there was water in
the system somewhere and a few blocks just look burnt.. the nuclei are faint
and cloudy, no detail at all. I've tried the process of rehydrating with the
30% formaldehyde, glycerol and sodium acetate solution but they still process
poorly, come out very brittle and just don't look good under the scope.

Does anyone have a magic bullet to salvage these specimens? I can send a pic
directly if it helps.

Thanks,
Curt

MedStar Health is a not-for-profit, integrated healthcare delivery system, the
largest in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region. Nationally recognized for
clinical quality in heart, orthopedics, cancer and GI.

IMPORTANT: This e-mail (including any attachments) may contain information that
is private, confidential, or protected by attorney-client or other privilege.
If you received this e-mail in error, please delete it from your system without
copying it and notify sender by reply e-mail, so that our records can be
corrected... Thank you.

Help conserve valuable resources - only print this email if necessary.