Jessica,

We did this successfully. At one time, our cassette printers (Leica IPC) were
not interfaced either, but we were able to use Leica's software and enter the
cassette identifiers, and that information was able to be saved in the
bar-code, which also printed on the cassette. Patient names were not printed,
only the accession number/letter.
We have the SlideMate Pro printers, and before they were interfaced, we were
able to scan the barcode on our blocks and they would print the information
obtained from there. The SlideMates were also able to be programmed so that the
hospital name was printed at the bottom of each slide.
So it can be done, but only if your blocks are bar-coded.

Toni

NOTICE: This e-mail and its attachments, if any, may contain legally privileged
and/or confidential information protected by law. It is intended only for use
by the named addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, any dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail and its
attachments, if any, is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or by
reply e-mail, and permanently delete this e-mail and the attachments, if any,
and destroy any printouts.