Hi Denise:I've had extensive experience with the AutoStainer line of
instruments, originally manufactured by LabVision and offered by a number IHC
product vendors.  If memory serves me, the most important aspect of any
(desktop-style) PC that you intend to use as a replacement for the original PC,
is that it has, within its 'guts' the motion control board, which interfaces
with the instrument through that very broad cable that connects it to the the
PC.
Provided that the replacement PC's motherboard can accept that old motion
control board, it seems possible that it will connect with the instrument...but
the next biggest challenge is whether or not the application software can be
transferred from the old PC to the new PC. I suspect that others who are
familiar with this instrument will also chime in here.  Also consider
contacting the folks at Affordable IHC Solutions:
https://www.affordableihcinstruments.com/Best Wishes,Joe Myers, M.S,
CT/QIHC(ASCP)
Automated IHC/ISH slide staining systems: current technologies and other
considerations - PubMed

    On Tuesday, March 26, 2024 at 10:55:06 AM EDT, Long, Denise M. via Histonet