Hi,I am writing a SerDe class to be able to query some proprietary format we
have from hive.
The format is basically a sequence of records that are maps coded in binary
for which we have access libraries.
The file is also gzipped.

For what I understand, I need to
1 - write a FileInputFormat class to read the file and extract the single
records as Writables (but I am not clear how I tell hive to use this
fileformat since all I can use is STORED AS SEQUENCEFILE/TEXTFILE. How do I
plug my format in there? )
2 - Write a SerDe (Since I just need to read it I need just the deserializer
part) and an ObjectInspector to let hive understand how to find a column

is there any info around for these or somebody who's done something similar
?
Thanks in advance,
Roberto