Can you point to the JIRA that introduced this problem?

Ashish

-----Original Message-----
From: Edward Capriolo [mailto:edlinuxg...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 7:38 AM
To: <hive-dev@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: Hive Web Interface Broken YET AGAIN!

All,

While the web interface is not as widely used as the cli, people do use it. Its
init process has been broken 3 times I can remember (once by the shims), once
by adding version numbers to the jars, and now it is affected by the libjars.

[r...@etl02 ~]# hive --service hwi
Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Error opening job jar: -libjars
Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file
        at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:114)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:133)
        at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:70)

I notice someone patched the cli do deal with this. There is no test coverage
for the shell scripts.

But it seems like only some of the scripts were repaired:

bin/ext/cli.sh
bin/ext/lineage.sh
bin/ext/metastore.sh

I wonder why only half the scripts are repaired? In general if something
changes in hive or hadoop that causes the cli to break we should fix it across
the board. I feel like every time a release is coming up I test drive the web
interface to find a simple script problem stops it from running.

Edward