Make sure that you have hive-default.xml and hive-site.xml in the classpath
while invoking hive.

Prasad

________________________________
From: Min Zhou <coderp...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2009 18:35:49 -0700
To: hive-user <hive-user@hadoop.apache.org>
Subject: how to define my metastore since jpox be removed

I found all things about jpox*.jar has been removed from the
trunk(HIVE-445,HIVE-610). I configured my hive following the old way , found an
exception:

hive> show tables;
FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalUserException: A property named
javax.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactoryClass must be specified, or a jar file with
a META-INF/services/javax.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactory entry must be in the
classpath, or a property named javax.jdo.option.PersistenceUnitName must be
specified.

how can i define my metastore since jpox be removed?

Thanks,
Min
--
My research interests are distributed systems, parallel computing and bytecode
based virtual machine.

My profile:
http://www.linkedin.com/in/coderplay
My blog: