I use the hive client under cygwin fine.

-- amr

On 5/11/2010 9:06 AM, Edward Capriolo wrote:

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 11:32 AM, Jeff Zhang <zjf...@gmail.com <mailto:zjf...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    Hi ,

    I notice that there's some code in hive for handling windows path, but
    it seems Hive can not run normally in windows platform ? Does Hive has
    any plan for this ?

    --
    Best Regards

    Jeff Zhang

Jeff,

I am happy to say I have not used a m$ OS in years now :) I believe people are working with Hive under cygwin. I have seen people on list report troubles and eventually success. It may be a little hacky, such is anything cygwin, but nothing technically should stop it from working.