You can look the http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hive/HiveClient page. For
local mode the uri is "jdbc:hive://", for standalone mode the uri is
"jdbc:hive://host:port/dbname".  when we use local mode, my application and
hive server run in same VM, so we don't need to maintain hive server. I
think that is advantage to local mode. I want to know what is disadvantage
when we use local mode.