Sura 4. An-Nisaa Section 22 (Y. Ali Translation)
153.    The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them
from heaven: indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle) for they
said: "Show us Allah in public" but they were dazed for their presumption
with thunder and lightning.  Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear
signs had come to them; even so We forgave them; and gave Moses manifest
proofs of authority.
154.    And for their Covenant We raised over them (the towering height) of
Mount (Sinai); and (on another occasion) We said: "Enter the gate with
humility"; and (once again) We commanded them: "Transgress not in the
matter of the Sabbath."  And We took from them a solemn Covenant.
155.    (They have incurred divine displeasure): in that they broke their
Covenant: that they rejected the Signs of Allah; that they slew the
Messengers in defiance of right; that they said "Our hearts are the
wrappings (which preserve Allah's Word; we need no more)"; nay Allah hath
set the seal on their hearts for their blasphemy and little is it they
believe.
156.    That they rejected faith: that they uttered against Mary a grave false
charge.
157.    That they said (in boast) "We killed Christ Jesus the son of Mary the
Apostle of Allah"; but they killed him not nor crucified him but so it was
made to appear to them and those who differ therein are full of doubts with
no (certain) knowledge but only conjecture to follow for of a surety they
killed him not.
158.    Nay Allah raised him up unto Himself; and Allah is Exalted in Power Wise.
159.    And there is none of the People of the Book but must believe in him
before his death; and on the Day of Judgment He will be a witness against
them.
160.    For the iniquity of the Jews We made unlawful for them certain (foods)
good and wholesome which had been lawful for them; in that they hindered
many from Allah's way.
161.    That they took usury (interest) though they were forbidden; and that
they devoured men's substance wrongfully; We have prepared for those among
them who reject faith a grievous punishment.
162.    But those among them who are well-grounded in knowledge and the
believers believe in what hath been revealed to thee; and (especially)
those who establish regular prayer and practice regular charity and believe
in Allah and in the Last Day: to them shall We soon give a great reward.