Assalamu'alaikum,

Tak berapa lama dulu, teman ada kirimkan email pasal
benda ni.  Bersama disertakan artikel yang baru teman
terjumpa untuk tatapan bersama.

Sekian.

LONDON:  Food bugs may help you avoid asthma.

Italian doctors said better food hygiene, fewer stomach
infections and a sterile environment - all part of the
modern lifestyle - could be the cause of an epidemic of
asthma and allergies.

They believe stomach infections early in childhood may
help the immune system build up a resistance to
allergies and help people avoid respiratory allergies.

"Our data may shed light on the role of diet in the
allergy and asthma epidemic," Prof Paolo Matricardi, of
the laboratorio di Immunologiaed Allergologia in Rome,
said in a report in The British Medical Journal.

Asthma is one of the fastest growing disease, with
cases increasing by up to 50 per cent every 10 years.
Researchers think environment lifestyles are partly
responsible.

Matricardi and his colleagues showed that exposure to
foodborne infections and the common stomach bug
helicobacter pylori may help reduce respiratory
allergies.

Their study of 1,659 Air Force cadets showed that
recruits who had tummy bugs or infections transmitted
orally earlier in life were less likely to suffer from
asthma and respiratory allergies.

But airborne viruses like those that cause measles,
mumps and chickenpox had no effect on a predispostion
to allergies.

"We must improve hygiene to reduce the impact of
infectious diseases but at the same time, we must learn
how to safely train our immune system, especially
during infancy, in order to prevent allergy,"
Matricardi added.

Asthma can develop at any age but it often starts in
childhood. The disease, which affects 150 million
people worldwide, occurs when the bronchial tubes swell
up and go into a spasm blocking the passage of air in
an out of the lungs.

Colds, flu, cigarette smoke, exercise and allergies to
pollen, house mites or furry animals can trigger asthma
attacks, - Reuters

(The Malay Mail, Friday, February 18, 2000)

 ---- you wrote:

> Assalamu'alaikum,
>
> Satu teori muncul baru2 ni - squeky clean not good for
> you. Satu kajian (di UK kalau tak silap) menunjukkan,
> terlalu menjaga kebersihan menyebabkan badan tak
> berpeluang mengeluarkan pertahanan semula jadi.
> Sedikit2 kuman diperlukan untuk merangsang kita punya
> immune system.
>
> Patutlah anak2 kerap juga sakit walaupun kita begitu
> punya paranoid tentang kebersihan mereka. Budak
> kampung dulu, kadang2 makan tak basuh tangan, cari
> anak ikan kat longkang, mandi hujan, dsbnya, jarang
> pula sakit (kecacingan selalulah).
>
> Patutlah pemakan2 kedai mamak bawah pokok sikit punya
> ramai dan tetap sihat walafiat walaupun pinggan dan
> cawan dibasuh main celup2 saja.  Tambahan pula
> sekarang sudah dikenakan 5% tax kalau nak makan
> direstoran. Bercakap pasal tax, entah apa2 tax lagi
> yang akan dikenakan lepas ni. Tol yang patut tamat
(Deleted)