--- Mateen Siddiqui <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

MSA-EC - http://sunnah.org

In the name of Allah the Compassionate, the Merciful
CHECHENPRESS
Information Agency of the Government of the Chechen
Republic of Ichkeria

The terrorist act had "no connection whatsoever to
Chechen Armed Forces".

8/9/2000  Office of President Maskhadov released a
press-release yesterday concerning a terrorist act
that occurred in a pedestrian underpass in Pushkin
Square in Moscow around 06.00 P.M yesterday.

The press release stated that the terrorist act had
"no connection whatsoever to Chechen Armed Forces".

"The Chechen Republic of Ichkeria has always condemned
terrorism in all forms" and "the Chechen Armed Forces
have never targeted civilians and never will" said the
statement.

Chechen Foreign Ministry also issued a similar press
release early this morning. "We believe that the
yesterday's terrorist act is aimed to regain loosing
support for the war among the Russian population" the
Ministry stated.

Both statements offered sincere condolences to the
victims' families and expressed a hope that those
responsible for the yesterday's and the last
September's terrorist acts would be brought to
justice.

Also, Mr R. Khalilov, an official of the Chechen
Foreign Ministry, made similar statements on BBC
Newsnight and BBC World News programs last night.
"Last September's Moscow apartment bombings were aimed
to justify the Russian Aggression against the Chechen
Republic of Ichkeria", said Khalilov. "This one seems
to be an attempt to regain a loosing support for the
war among the Russian public", he added.

In the name of Allah the Compassionate, the Merciful
CHECHEN REPUBLIC OF ICHKERIA
MINISTRY  OF  FOREIGN  AFFAIRS

Press Release
10-686

8/9/2000  The government and the people of the Chechen
Republic of Ichkeria are totally outraged with the
attempt of the Russian authorities to blame Chechens
for yesterday's terrorist act in Moscow.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the ChRI declares
that the terrorist act has no relation to the Chechen
Republic of Ichkeria and the Chechen people.

The Chechen Republic of Ichkeria has always condemned
terrorism in all forms. We are fighting to defend the
Chechen people and the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
from the Russian brutal and lawless aggression.

Our 11 month long resistance to the Russian Aggression
proves that the Chechen Armed Forces do not target
civilian population. We urge the World Community not
to be misled by the Russian baseless accusations.

The Russian Authorities have blamed Chechens for the
Moscow apartment bombings in last September without
producing any evidence and got way with it. The
accusations were used to justify Russian aggression
against the ChRI, which has already killed over 40.000
innocent Chechen civilians.

The International Community must not repeat the same
mistake now.

We believe that the yesterday's terrorist act is aimed
to regain loosing support for the war among the
Russian population.

The Chechen Republic of Ichkeria offers our sincere
condolences to the victims' families. We sincerely
hope that those responsible for the yesterday's and
the last September's terrorist acts will be brought to
justice.

Press-Office of the MFA

http://www.chechengovernment.com/PressReleases.asp