Palestine - the solution

Hayes Civil Hall, Saturday 28th October 2000

Bismillah ar Rahman ar Raheem.

Alhamdulillahi Rabbil Aalameen. As salatoo was salaam ala sayyidinna al
mursileen. Qala Allah-t-Alla fe Quran shareef:

 (TMQ 2:190 - And fight in the Way of Allah, those who fight you.)

Introduction
------------

* Assalamu Alaikum, my dear brothers in Islam.

* I find it unnecessary to go into detail about the importance of this
land, of this land that we call Al-Quds.

* I find it unnecessary to describe the brutal, horrific massacres of
over a 120 Muslims, that bought pain to our hearts, and tears to our eyes.

* We know of how this Ummah of Rasool-Allah (saw), our brothers and
sisters, faced the bullets, bombs and helicopter gunships of this Israeli
state, with nothing more than sticks and stones, and their firm yakeen in
Allah (swt).

* We all know how the world witnessed the innocent killing of Muhammad
Durrah, a 12 year old, who died in the arms of his father. The last words
that his father heard, before his son died shaheed were "Baba, for the
love of Allah, protect me."

* Brothers, we all know of these events, and it has provoked in us the
pure and sincere Islamic emotion of anger, disgust and love.

* Anger, at how our beloved Ummah is being treated at the hands of the
cowardly Jews.

* Disgust, at the pathetic response of the Muslim rulers, Arab and
non-Arab alike.

* And brotherly love, for our honourable brothers facing the hard cold
steel of metal bullets with nothing but stones in their hands, and yakeen
in their imaan in Allah (swt).

Linkage to other Muslim lands
-----------------------------

* Rasool-Allah (saw) said:

"Al Muminoon ka rajulin wahid
in ashtaka ainahu ashtaka kulluhu,
wa in ashtaka ra'suhu ashtaka kulluhu"

"The Believers are like one man, if his eye becomes sore then the whole
(body) feels pain, and if his head is in pain then his whole (body) feels
the pain"

* Brothers, we must remember that what is happening to our body, this
Ummah that Allah loves more than the Ka'aba and it's entire surroundings,
all over the world is something that angers Allah (swt).

* The recent bloodshed in Palestine is not something new to this
Ummah.

* We see, that not a day goes by without this blessed Ummah suffering
the death of one of her sons.

* This bloodshed we have witnessed, with pain and suffering, all over
our lands.

* We see today, how the enemies of Allah fight us all together, and
yet we are not able to respond, as this noble Hadith dictates, as one
body, with one unified voice.

* We see how the Messenger of Allah (saw) made it incumbent on the
whole Ummah to respond collectively, not as individuals.

* We could not ignore a bullet in our eyes nor could we ignore being
wounded by a bullet. And yet the body of the Ummah is being hit from all
sides, from all corners, from all enemies.

* Wherever we look, whether it be in Kashmir, or Burma, or Nigeria, or
Indonesia, or Chechnya, we observe with heartache, the same butchery, the
same killing and the same dis-honour.

* We witness daily, the same blood being split, the same torment in
the eyes of our mothers, and daily we also witness the desperate attempts
of our brothers to solve these problems, without referring this matter to
Allah (swt).

How Muslims should respond
--------------------------

* The concern that I have, is that as Muslims, our response should not
be the response of erratic, pragmatic and reactionary  people.

* Rather, our response should be the response from Islam. The response
that pleases Allah, and practically solves the problem.

* For example, we all know how Imam Ali (ra) when engaged in a fight
with a Jew, whereupon the Jew spat upon Imam Ali's face, and then Imam Ali
refrained from fighting. When asked why, Imam Ali replied that he would
have killed the Jew for his anger at the Jew for spitting at him, as opposed to
it being for the sake of Allah (swt).

* The Prophet (saw) said in one Hadith: "No one of you is a true
believer unless his emotions (masha'air) are in line with what I have
brought".

* This means that the Muslims are not allowed to respond to the
situation in Palestine any way they feel, or any way that may remove the
guilt.

* Before we discuss the only Islamic solution to the situation in
Palestine, let us look to some of the incorrect solutions that have been
presented to the Muslims.

* 4 solutions are being presented to the Muslims, by various factions
with their varying vested interests:

1. We are told that the only way to solve the current conflict is by
negotiation towards a comprehensive peace settlement;

2. We are told to lobby the western governments (like Britain), and
other kufr organisations like the UN, which we know that certain Muslim
organisations are trying to do;

3. We are told to hold long demonstrations, which we know many Muslim
organisations are organising;

4. We are told to simply provide charity to our brothers and sisters.

* Let us briefly examine these solutions, and see if this is how Allah
wants us to respond.

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Shopping - Thousands of Stores. Millions of Products. All with one Wallet.

Kirim email ke