From:  "Abu Mustaffa" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date:  Tue Nov 20, 2001  4:44 pm
Subject:  Fw: [inin] Farewell Message from Azzam
Publications

Assalamu'alaikum,

Farewell Message from Azzam Publications

"Do you really think that you will enter Paradise
without such trials
as came to those who passed away before you? They were
afflicted with
severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that
even the Messenger
and those who believed along with him said, 'When will
come the Help of
Allah?' Yes, certainly the Help of Allah is near!"
[Quran 2:214]

In the Name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Kind

Most of Afghanistan has been recaptured from the
Taliban, thousands of
Afghan Muslim civilians have been killed, cities have
fallen and lives
have been lost. Elsewhere, thousands of Muslims have
been arrested and
detained in America, where they are beaten (by both
the prison guards
and other prisoners), tortured, humiliated and denied
access to lawyers
and their families. Muslim homes are being raided and
Muslims being
detained across Europe. Muslim web-sites, businesses
and banks are
being closed. In the midst of all this, Western
leaders are at pains to
explain that this is not a war against Islam and that
the West loves
Muslims. Scenes of the bodies of both the Taliban and
the Foreign
Mujahideen lying on the streets have been broadcast
around the World
much to the delight of the disbelievers and their
hypocrite allies from
amongst the 'Muslims' (e.g. some 'official' American
and
British 'Muslim' Councils, etc.)

"If a good befalls you, it grieves them, but if some
evil overtakes
you, they rejoice at it. But if you remain patient and
fear Allah, not
the least harm will their plans do to you. Surely,
Allah surrounds all
that they do." [Quran 3:120]

Amidst all this, the Muslims are asking many
questions. Is it really a
war against Islam? Why did the Taliban withdraw from
all these
provinces? Is the Northern Alliance going to uphold
Allah's Word on the
Earth? Were the Taliban moderates or extremists? Are
the Taliban
finished? Are the Mujahideen finished? Has the West
triumphed over
Islam? Is it all over?

These are not the questions that Muslims should be
asking, but rather,
they should be asking themselves: Whose side am I on?
Am I a 'moderate'
or an 'extremist'? Was the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) a
'moderate' or
an 'extremist'? What am I going to do about the
situation? Am I going
to sit at home and weep? Or go to the mosque and make
dua? As for the
Mujahideen whose bodies were shown on televisions
across the World,
they have nothing to worry about insha-Allah. They
said they were going
to fight to the last drop of their blood and they have
remained true to
their word, whilst others are waiting to follow in
their footsteps:

"Among the believers are men who have been true to
their covenant with
Allah (i.e. they have gone out for Jihad whilst not
showing their backs
to the disbelievers), of them some have fulfilled
their obligations
(been martyred in Allah's Way) and some of them are
still waiting, but
they have never changed in their determination in the
least." [Quran
33:23]

We have written these few words in expectation of our
site being closed
yet again. Therefore, we advise all the Muslims to
save a copy of this
page and ponder about what it says lest our site is
closed and we are
not able to say it again. We also advise the Muslims
to copy, translate
into other languages if necessary and distribute this
message all over
the Internet. For clarity of expression, we have
listed the important
points we wish to make.

1. This war is, in Bush's own words, a crusade. It is
not a war against
terrorism, but it is a war of Kufr (disbelief) against
Islam. Any
Muslim who disagrees with this has been defeated by
the Western
ideological warfare. The Muslims should not be naive
and immature: they
should know their enemies.

2. The history of this conflict does not go back to 11
September 2001.
Nor does it go back to the bombing of a few embassies
and ships.
Rather, it goes back centuries from the time when the
Jewish tribes
gathered against the Prophet Muhammad (SAWS) and the
Christians
launched the Crusades against the Muslims in the 12th
Century of the
Christian Era. Therefore, it is not a case of 'let's
all join hands:
Muslims, Christians and Jews and wipe out terrorism',
but it is part of
a deeper plot to try and destroy Islam in the World.
Why did the
British invade Afghanistan in 1842, when there was
neither an Usama bin
Ladin nor the Taliban?

3. The American Government is an enemy to Islam and
the Muslims,
despite all the sympathetic statements given by Bush
when he meets
Muslim leaders and organisations in America. The
American Foreign
Policy regarding Iraq, Palestine, Bosnia, Kashmir,
etc. is proof of
this. The illegal imprisonment, torture and
humiliation of thousands of
Muslims in America at this very moment is also proof
of this. Those
Muslims who think otherwise are kidding themselves.

4. We condemn those apologetic and defeatist Muslims
in the West who
are making apologetic statements siding with the West
and not believing
or supporting their own brothers. By these Muslims, we
specifically
mean the likes of the American Muslim Council and
'Sheikh' Hamza Yusuf,
who have openly taken sides with the American
Government, without
shame; as well as the Muslim Council of Britain to a
lesser degree.
These 'official' organisations do not represent the
Muslim Ummah as
they are manned by individuals completely out of touch
with the reality
of the affairs of the Muslims. These, who have never
expended a drop of
sweat or blood in Jihad for the sake of Allah like the
Prophet (SAWS),
his Companions and the early generations of pious
Muslims, preferring
instead to attend 'official' dinners and gatherings
standing by the
sides of Presidents and Prime Ministers whose hands
are still dripping
with the blood of Muslims, nodding their heads when
these leaders
speak. Like Bush!
said himself, you are either with the disbelievers
(us) or the
terrorists (Muslims). Therefore, those Muslims who are
condemning the
Taliban etc. have already taken sides and that is the
side of Zionist-
controlled America.

5. We believe the word of Usama bin Ladin and the
Taliban, as Muslims,
when they say that they had nothing to do with this
terrorist act, over
and above the word of a lying disbeliever like Bush.
If they did it,
they would proudly say so because they are not afraid
of the reprisals
from anyone.

6. America was going to attack Afghanistan by
mid-October anyway,
according to the recent Berlin Anti-Terrorism summit.
11 September was
an excuse to speed up the process and give a 'cause'
for the crusade.
The intentions behind this 'war against terrorism' is
doubted even by
non-Muslims, who do have good people within their
ranks.

7. The Taliban Government have proved their Islamic
legitimacy to the
whole Muslim Ummah. Now, there are two sides: whoever
is not on the
side of the Taliban is a hypocrite. The Muslims all
over the World must
render as much financial, physical, medical, media and
moral support to
the Taliban as they can. If this means taking a year
out from one's
university or work, then this must be done as the
situation demands it.
In addition, the Muslims must continue to make dua for
them because it
seems like the Muslims have forgotten their brothers
in Afghanistan.
The Taliban have appealed for help from the Muslims
but these appeals
have fallen on deaf ears. Did not the Prophet (SAWS)
say that "A Muslim
is the brother of a Muslim, he does not forsake him
and nor does he
betray him." If you do not help your brothers in their
time of need, do
you really think that Allah will help in you in your
time of need on
the Day of Judgement?

8. According to the Four Schools of Thought as
detailed in the article
on our web-site on defending Muslim land under attack,
once the first
hostile disbeliever has entered Afghanistan and if the
inhabitants of
that country are not enough to defend themselves,
defensive Jihad
becomes Fard Ain upon every Muslim in the World
without anyone's
permission, whether parents, scholars or teachers. In
this case, we
also believe that any Muslims who are able to go there
and do not go
there without a valid excuse are liable to be punished
by Allah in the
Hereafter. Examples of valid excuses are disabling
injuries or lack of
travel papers. Fear of interrogation or arrest by the
authorities upon
one's return is not a valid excuse, since this is not
certain to
happen, whereas the Jihad is a certainty. The texts
are clear in this
regard. Those who prevent Muslims from going for Jihad
are similar to
those who stop a Muslim from making his Salah or
fasting during Ramadan
without valid excuse!
.

9. Regarding calls by Western leaders for 'moderate'
Muslims
tackling 'extremist' elements within their ranks,
these are merely
appeals to divide the Muslims. What is the 'moderate'
Muslim that these
leaders refer to? One that does not pray or fast or
wear hijab; one
that agrees with the Israeli occupation of Palestine,
one that thinks
cutting off a thief's hand is barbaric and one that
thinks Islam is
primitive and backward? There is no such thing as a
'moderate'
or 'liberal' Muslim. If there was, in what category
would be place the
Prophet Muhammad (SAWS)? Would we say he is a
moderate, a liberal, an
extremist, a fanatic, a terrorist, a fundamentalist?
He certainly would
not be a moderate or liberal since he ordered 600-700
Jewish males to
be beheaded in Madinah after the Jewish tribe of Banu
Qurayzah betrayed
the Muslims and stabbed them in the back. He also
fought in 27 battles
for the sake of Allah. Are we now going to call him a
terrorist as
well?

9. Any assistance that any Muslim gives to a
disbeliever against the
believers, whether financial, physical, language
translation, clerical
work, military, intelligence, or other, makes that
Muslim an apostate,
whose inheritance is forbidden for his children and
upon whom the
Janaza (Funeral) Prayer becomes forbidden. Therefore,
if any Muslim
lends any assistance to the disbelievers by spying on
other Muslims or
testifying against them, even for money, he does so at
the expense of
his religion. By refusing to assist the disbelievers
against the
Muslims does not mean that one automatically supports
terrorist attacks
against innocent civilians. One can agree or disagree
with any action
that takes place in the World but one cannot go
against one's religion
and one's people without him losing his religion. One
of the ten things
that make a Muslim into a disbeliever are to "assist
disbelievers
against Muslims'. It is not permissible for a Muslim
to betray another
Muslim in order !
to save himself. The Muslims should contact Muslim
lawyers and
attornies within their countries and ask for their
rights concerning
the law in speaking to law enforcement authorities. In
most Western
countries, e.g. Britain, one is under NO obligation to
speak to either
the intelligence authorities or the police, either
willingly or
unwillingly. One does not have to speak to them if
they come to one's
house. One can politely refuse to speak to them and
ask them to leave.
Most people speak to them or cooperate with them
because they
intimidate and threaten, e.g. by knocking on people's
doors at 5am.
Muslims should find out their legal rights and not be
intimidated by
this harassment. Those 'Muslim' organisations that are
telling the
Muslims to assist the FBI, etc. with translation and
other efforts, are
calling the Muslims to disbelieve in Allah and His
Messenger and we ask
Allah to raise these 'Muslims' up with the likes of
the FBI on the Day
of Judgement.

10. We expect our web-site to be opened and closed
continuously. We
also expect our Products ordering facility to close
shortly but this is
nothing to worry about because if that happens, we
will put all of our
books online through various sites, discussion boards
and e-mail lists.
Therefore, we urgently recommend any Muslims that are
interested in our
material to copy all the articles from our site and
disseminate them
through their own web-sites, discussion boards and
e-mail lists. This
is something that any Muslim can participate in,
easily, including
sisters. This way, even if our sites are closed down,
the material will
live on with the Grace of Allah. We cannot stress the
importance of
this: for the Muslims to copy and distribute all the
material on our
web-site, especially the stories in the Jihad Stories
section.
Furthermore, to frustrate the disbelievers in their
war against Islam,
we advise the Muslims to access our site via proxies
or anonymous
services, such as h!
ttp://www.safeweb.com or http://www.anonymizer.com and
the likes.

11. We advise practising Muslims to begin to plan to
leave America and
withdraw all their investments and cash from America.
Recent events
have shown the true bigoted nature of the American
Government and some
Americans. Thousands of Muslims are still imprisoned
in America, they
are being tortured, beaten, humiliated, their religion
is being mocked
at and they are denied basic rights. If anyone does
not believe this,
one only has to speak to a lawyer of some of the
detainees. This shows
the hypocrisy of leaders such as President Bush, who,
every other day,
tries to stress that this war is not against Islam or
the Muslims and
that the Muslims are loved by the American Government.
Unfortunately,
this does fool some Muslims especially when Bush opens
fast with them,
or attends their mosque. People will disagree with us
calling for the
Muslims to leave America and think about settling in
Muslim countries.
Just don't blame us if you end up in prison with all
your assets
siezed, a!
nd no prospect of a lawyer or a trial. We have warned
you: America is
no longer a safe place for Muslims.

12. The path to victory is long, arduous, difficult
and full of
difficulties and obstacles. One who thinks that the
Muslim Ummah will
recover from its decline without sacrifices, without
blood, without
fatigue, without hunger, without imprisonment, without
torture, does
not attach any value to this Deen nor understand the
method of all the
Messengers, as Allah said in the Quran which we have
quoted above:

"Do you really think that you will enter Paradise
without such trials
as came to those who passed away before you? They were
afflicted with
severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that
even the Messenger
and those who believed along with him said, 'When will
come the Help of
Allah?' Yes, certainly the Help of Allah is near!"
[Quran 2:214]

13. The time has come for the Muslims all over the
World to begin
making sacrifices for the sake of Allah and render
assistance to the
Muslims in Afghanistan. This includes physical,
financial, material and
emotional sacrifices. If the Muslims do not wipe the
blemish off their
Ummah, WHO will? The Muslims must not be apathetic and
think that the
efforts of one of them will not make a difference. On
the contrary,
each and every single Muslim counts, whatever his
race, age, ability,
skills or residence. Allah gives victory to sincere,
correct actions,
not to material strength. We STRONGLY recommend the
Muslims to read the
article by Sheikh Abdullah Azzam in the Jihad in
Afghanistan section of
our web-site, titled: Martyrs: The Building Blocks of
Nations.

14. The war in Afghanistan is the beginning of a long
war that will
last several years, perhaps decades and eventually end
with victory for
the believers and a good outcome for the Muslim Ummah.
This is not just
an optimistic opinion, but it is part of our religious
belief to
believe that Islam will eventually become victorious
even though the
disbelievers may detest it. Allah says in the Quran:
"It is He who has
sent His Messenger with the Guidance and the Religion
of Truth that He
may proclaim it over all other religions, even though
the polytheists
may detest it." [Quran 61:9] This time of tribulation
and
apparent 'defeat' for the Muslims is only a process
whereby Allah
purges the ranks of the believers of hypocrites and
those with diseased
hearts. In these times, the hypocrites within the
ranks of the Muslims
surface and begin to say things like "We told you so,"
and "See, the
Muslims are no match for the World's Superpower", etc.
The Companions
of the Prophet (SAWS) wen!
t through tougher times and experienced more
difficulties, but
eventually the victorious outcome was for the
believers. Therefore,
those Muslims with faith in Allah know that this
period is a test,
preparing the Muslims for victory, separating the
believers from the
hypocrites and taking martyrs from amongst the ranks
of the Muslims.

"These days (successes of war) we alternate between
the people so that
Allah may distinguish those who believe and that He
may take from your
ranks martyrs. And Allah does not the wrongdoers."
[Quran 3:140]

15. The Muslims are lacking in media. Due to the
advances of modern
technology, it is easy to spread news, information,
articles and other
information over the Internet. We strongly urge Muslim
internet
professionals to spread and disseminate news and
information about the
Jihad through e-mail lists, discussion groups and
their own web-sites.
If you fail to do this, and our site closes down
before you have done
this, we may hold you to account before Allah on the
Day of Judgement.
As long as you mention that the source of the article
was Azzam
Publications and do not change them, you do not need
our express
permission to take all the material from our site.

16. Since our Products section will be closing
shortly, we would like
to inform our visitors that we are making arrangements
for our books,
audio tapes, videos and CD's to be available from
Maktabah Al-Ansar
Bookshop, http://www.maktabah.net,, who have secure,
online ordering
via credit card. Please check with them about stock
availability before
ordering. They will also be selling our new books such
as the new
edition of Join the Caravan. Bookstore owners and
wholesalers
interested in distributing some of our books through
their stores
should contact Maktabah Al-Ansar directly.

17. Due to financial restrictions being placed on
Muslims donating to
assist fellow Muslims, under the guise of financing
terror, we urge the
intelligent Muslim bankers, businessmen and others to
take the
initiative and find out new ways to collect money and
send it directly
to any Muslims who need it anywhere in the World, e.g.
Pakistan. One of
the easiest, safest and most convenient way to
transfer money is by
using the 'Hawala' transfer system. One just has to
ask around Muslim
businessmen, travel agents and shopowners for details
on this system.

18. In case our site is shut down again, please make a
written and
bookmarked note of the central MSANEWS News service
where you should
check for details of our new sites or postings.

19. We would like to take this opportunity to thank
all those Muslims
and non-Muslims who have given us support throughout
the years. If they
wish to continue to support us, we only ask that they
copy everything
on our site and distribute as widely as they can,
especially the
stories from the Jihad Stories section, and the
articles.

20. We ask Allah to give victory to those fighting for
His Sake in the
four corners of the Earth, to destroy their enemies
and the hypocrites
and to enable the Muslim Ummah to produce millions of
martyrs as the
price for victory in this Life and achieving Allah's
Pleasure in the
Next.

Your brothers at Azzam Publications

[EMAIL PROTECTED]