Facts:

1. the wife herself opens the file and not enyone else. Therefore she
most likely regreted what had happened. Plus seeing not much
consequences out o fopening the file.

2. This type of sin here committed does not involve other person (s)  in
society. ie she did not steal someone else property for example,  or
sins of that kind. Therefore the authority in Islam may simply close the
case due to combination factors, the time factor, etc, plus, depending
on her further explanations pertaining to the matter, waLLahu a'lam and
ALLah is Most Forgiven.

3. ALLah forgive all sins except the shirk. Therefore lets all live in
repentants to ALLah. No one commit no sin.

4. the advice posted by the prev netter has been good and sufficient.
May ALLah forgie us all

Praise be to Allaah..