> What is the trick to setting a particle's color? I've tried using
> the sample
> Particles() test code in the entity.cpp file (cl_dll stuff) and resetting
> the the rgb values to white (255,255,255) but all I get is a dirty grey
> color. I tried setting it to yellow (255,255,0) but all I get is a dirty
> grey color. The red color in the sample code comes out a dirty
> reddish grey.
> What gives? How do you get a bright white or yellow particle? I'm also
> curious what the story is with the color being packed in a short.
> Last time
> I looked, 24 bits of RGB won't fit into a short.

IIRC, it uses an indexed pallette, like blood colors use. I'm not sure what
indices correspond to which RGB values, though. Anyone else have this info?

-James "Corvidae" Williams ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Administrator, Wavelength Forums (http://www.planethalflife.com/wavelength)
Co-Leader / Coder, Underhive (http://www.underhive.com)