Then again, bare in mind that in the case of Half-Life the EULA states we are not allowed to make money off the game unless we have specific permission from VALVe such as is with Counter-Strike, Oposing Force, and Blueshift, which Gearbox had to go through some special procedure to get permission.  So technically by law Fileplanet can't give us commisions.

-Lakario

----- Original Message -----
From: [DRP]Avatar-X
Sent: Friday, December 28, 2001 4:27 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] what a bloody n00b

What sucks about fileplanet is that sure, they use the money to support the service, but
ONLY PEOPLE WHO PAY CAN DOWNLOAD THE FILES.

People who do not want to pay, or CAN'T pay, (underage, no credit card, no money,
whatever) simply can't get the files.

Oh, sure, you say they have mirrors in places where the server has a max of 20 people...

But their main servers are always full, and often you have to wait hours and hours for
one stupid tiny file that could have been put anywhere else much easier.

I say: If fileplanet makes money off of OUR files, they should give a portion of that to
the author.

If you create a game that thousands of people download because its so popular, you
should get 10% of what fileplanet makes on it.

If stupid annoying fileplanet (which i hate with a passion) doesn't do that, then
someone else should.

-av

"Dave R. Meyers" wrote:

> About the fileplanet thing.
>
> Well let me see, I hoave my own webpage, that I pay for myself.  With about
> 500mb storage.  Cost a little bit.  Then I also have the OZ website
> supported by fileplanet.  I have not received anything about a storage
> limit( but I only put OZ stuff there), and I get all kinda of support from
> FP, and PHL.  All free.  If they wanna change the people who what to d/l my
> stuff and don't want to wait, more power to them, but than me forking over
> yet another website few.
>
> Dave

---------
[DRP]Avatar-X
SillyZone Homepage: www.thesillyzone.com
SillyZone Forums: forum.thesillyzone.com
My Homepage: www.cyberwyre.com