Hi,

I am running a Windows XP system with my GeForce 3 video card and I seem to have noticed an error in Half-Life Direct 3D.  I first got this error on my Voodoo 5 and thought it was just because 3dfx and Windows XP are incompatible but the error carried over with the new card as well.

Anyways, the problem, if you are playing Half-Life in Direct 3D mode and return to the menu system and then go back into the game (or rather try to) it will not let you and it instead just shows a blank console background and nothing happens graphics wise. You can here the game in the background but interaction is impossible.  The only way to fix the problem is:

a) quit and reload Half-Life
b) return to the main menu if you are in multiplayer
c) go to the multiplayer menu if you are in the main menu

I realize Direct 3D is probably the least of your concerns but just thought I'd mention it.

Regards,

Lakario
ModDev.net
ICQ: Status