From: Leon Hartwig
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, February 10, 2002 10:55 AM
Subject: RE: [hlcoders] Message Problems

'PF_MessageEnd_I: Unknown User Msg' error messages are on the server
side, not the client.  Either you are sending this message before the
REG_USER_MSG() for this message has been executed, or you are sending
messages before the engine is ready to send any user messages.  When the
server first starts up a map, it runs like 10-20 frames or something to
let everything settle in.  But during this time, there are some things
the engine isn't ready to do yet; sending messages is one of them.
Giving the server 2 seconds or so before you execute anything that's
going to be sending messages should solve the problem (if that is indeed
what is causing your problem).