From: botman
Sent: Monday, March 11, 2002 11:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [hlcoders] HUD saytext.cpp question

So I was working on getting the client.dll to compile, link, and run using the
Borland or MinGW C++ compilers and noticed this in the
CHudSayText::SayTextPrint() function of the saytext.cpp file...

   PlaySound( "misc/talk.wav", 1 );

...I don't see a "misc" directory in the "sound" directory of the
valve\pak0.pak file.  Also, since the valve directory doesn't have a "sound"
directory, that file doesn't exist on my machine.

The cstrike folder does contain a sound\misc\talk.wav file that just contains
the mike off click.  But why would you want to play a mike off click when
someone sends a TEXT message???

P.S. I like the name of this function...

EnsureTextFitsInOneLineAndWrapIfHaveTo( i );

...it's pretty easy to tell what it does without even looking at the code.  :)

Jeffrey "botman" Broome