From: "Tim Holt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2002 7:29 PM
Subject: Re: [hlcoders] 64 players servers are no problem... :-)

Well the whole thing started on April 1, which we will always consider
to be the anniversary date of this idea.  I believe it was what you
might call a "Flash of Insight" (or flash of something else maybe)
moment.  However we do not at this time want to share the technical
details, as they are fully based on Biometric Stenography (BS).

Tom wrote:

>rewriting the netcode - erm why? You'll bodge it
>
>Thought the guy from DOD said he had made the client and server basically
>the same so you could have 32^32 people playing on a server (each client
>acted as a mini server for others to connect to with the main server being
>the master server).
>
>I have no idea how they did this though....... perhaps they would like to
>enlighten us :)

I think...I think it's in my basement. Let me go upstairs and check. -M.C.
Escher